Wednesday, March 30, 2005

earth quake shock

I was in Kedah when the earth quake occured in Sumatera recently...i was in alor setar to be exact...it never occured my mind that i will be able to experience the tremor...well, the story goes like this...i was watching a Malay drama showing on TV and waiting for the show to resume after the midnight news...i when to the toilet to ease myself...all of a sudden....i felt the toilet bowl was shaking and i felt dizzy...i was wondering what on earth was that? it occured very fast...in a split second and it lasted for only like 5 seconds...my two other friends also felt the same but we just ignored it as we never thought that it was tremor...at about 3.30 am, my other friend sms me and told me to be careful as the tsunami might occur anytime...i was asleep at that time and only realised that sms when i woke up at 6.30 am...
When my friends and i came down for breakfast that morning, the other guests in the hotel who resided at the same level with us (3rd floor) asked whether we came down when the tremor occured and we said no...i wonder why did the hotel management didn't inform us to evacuate the building? was it because that we are ministry of health staff? don't they think that we are human too despite the fact that we are staff of ministry of health and that does not make us invincible! luckily, nothing bad happened that day and i was relieved that i am alive and can still breathe the air, feel the heat and enjoy the food i love:) thank Allah for that...alhamdulillah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home