Saturday, September 03, 2005

finally it's over

I am on cloud 9 today as my poster presentation is finally over...the scientific meeting was held for the past 3 days and Alhamdulillah...i managed to present my poster after sruggling to print and laminate it on the eve of merdeka day...hmmm, i still can remember that moment...i finished editing my poster by noon and showed it to my boss for approval...luckily, nothing much needed to be changed...i resumed my work after lunch and started to print the poster using A4 paper (unfortunate that there was no allocation for big poster)...however, my printer failed to print the poster as the glossy paper i was using was quite thick...argghhh...it was time consuming and i targeted to finish the printing job before 4 pm as it will give me ample time to laminate the poster...but then, things did not go my way...what i planned was way out of time...only by 3.15 pm that i managed to print using my friend's printer...and i had 14 slides which needed to be printed in colour.....i tried several times using my own printer and finally, i managed to print it...but at the time i finished printing, it was already 5.30 pm and i was yet to laminate the poster...luckily, my colleague stayed back with me and taught me how to use the laminator...i finished laminating my poster at 6 pm...what a tiring day!!!and it was eve of merdeka...luckily i managed to get on the road early or else i would be stucked in a massive traffic jam...nevertheless, i am feeling quite a relief and can finally smile a little as my burden of work is lessen with the completion of the poster presentation...what an accomplishment...as it was my first time presenting poster for scientific meeting, i was actually quite proud of myself as i managed to produce a poster with my own sweat and effort...and also, the poster looked nice compared to my other colleagues who presented big posters....and thanks to my 'sis' who reminded me to take a picture of my poster, the first scientific meeting which i presented my poster...my boss also did turn up at that meeting and it was like a booster to see him there as he had high expectation on me....whatever it is, i am still on cloud 9 and finally i can relax and enjoy the weekend before i resume my labwork the following week...yee haa!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home